JpawJr's Helper Application

JpawJr

Jul 18, 2019
IGN:
JpawJr

Past names:
(https://namemc.com/search?q=JpawJr )

Ban logs:
(https://oneshotmc.com/punishments/history.php?uuid=63404317b35240939a0d65a441ee0740&from=bans )

Timezone:
Pacific Daylight Time

Tell us about yourself:
I go By JpawJr on most games, but you can call me Dave. I Enjoy Cannoning and all of its complex parts. I have been playing Minecraft for about 3 years. I know a little bit of German and I'm learning to play Guitar.

When did you first join Oneshot, and how many hours have you logged each day (approximately) :
I believe I joined around 4 months ago, but I have been playing around 4-6 hours a day.

Any previous staff experience:
I do not have any previous staff experience.

Why should we pick you over the other applicants:
I believe I am mature enough to act in each situation accordingly and I think I am more active than most of the staff members.

What would the server gain from you:
I think I can give new people learning to cannon and environment where they can get help when needed and tips on how to get better.

What has motivated you to apply for staff on oneshot:

Recently I have been playing at night and I have noticed that around that time (Around 8 pm PDT) no mods are on. I feel like that's open for people on the server to do anything they want. That time would be a great time for me to be on and try to keep the server a better place.

How many servers do you actively play on:
I play on the Archon and Oneshot.

Is there anything you would like to add:
There is nothing else I would like to add.

Last edited:

hyfloac

Administrator
Staff member
Helper
Nov 21, 2017
This is rather thin.

Look at some of the other accepted applications. They always have much more detail. UFO's application was so long he had to cut it down due to character limits. Ultranite's is one of the best formatted I've ever seen, unfortunately he deleted it so it can't be used as a reference. Snowayyy's is admittedly underwhelming, but still contains a bit more detail, and better formatting.

While formatting technically isn't a requirement I still find it hard to distinguish between the question and the response when there is no, well, distinction. Beyond that it doesn't take much work to add decent formatting to a post, and thus I have higher expectations than what is maybe supposed to be allowed.

Other than that your grammar is mostly good; your paragraph on What has motivated you to apply for staff on OneShot does a have a few run-ons, but otherwise it is definitely better than some other applications I have seen.

JpawJr

Jul 18, 2019
This is rather thin.

Look at some of the other accepted applications. They always have much more detail. UFO's application was so long he had to cut it down due to character limits. Ultranite's is one of the best formatted I've ever seen, unfortunately he deleted it so it can't be used as a reference. Snowayyy's is admittedly underwhelming, but still contains a bit more detail, and better formatting.

While formatting technically isn't a requirement I still find it hard to distinguish between the question and the response when there is no, well, distinction. Beyond that it doesn't take much work to add decent formatting to a post, and thus I have higher expectations than what is maybe supposed to be allowed.

Other than that your grammar is mostly good; your paragraph on What has motivated you to apply for staff on OneShot does a have a few run-ons, but otherwise it is definitely better than some other applications I have seen.
I took your suggestions and added some color and formatting. And I looked at the apps you linked and changed it a bit.
Thanks for the suggestions