Join play.oneshotmc.com with ? Players Online

Click to Copy

Shift to the Cannon Server

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Emerald_Explorer, Mar 12, 2017.

1. Emerald_Explorer

Emerald_Explorer Administrator
    Staff Member

I believe it has become apparent that factions is progressing at a horribly slow rate. This is due in part to my relentless schedule, but I do believe my schedule presents time for me to still advance the cannon server. Technically, I could use this time for the faction server, but it would be useless. I do not have a clear 1 week period where I can be sure I can allocate large amounts of time to the faction server until after my AP exams (early May). This would be vital to launch the server, as I could fix bugs and issues; I am essentially stuck in a state where I can't release the server. Therefore, I do believe it would be a much better decision for me to shift my work to the neglected cannon server, so people can still see change. I have a lot of ideas to advance cannoning, and overall make things better, and I think people will enjoy what I have planned. I hope to shift my work back to the faction server starting in early May, and once Summer arrives, I will have a plethora of time compared to my current status. I am deeply sorry I haven't been able to deliver what I planned. I hope you haven't given up on Factions yet.

If you want to see some of the things that are coming up for the cannon server, check Suggestions. I have separated each idea respective to their probability of being added.

2. ShadedMC

ShadedMC Active Member

shouldn't have hyped it up so much, quite a few people are pissed lmao

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. UnoBro15

UnoBro15 New Member

Ikr, I was so excited but now I'm disappointed XD
    At least hes going to make it. Like they always say "Better late than never"

4. Emerald_Explorer

Staff Member

I was and still am very close. However, frankly, I can't work on it any more because I am averaging around 3 hours / night on weekdays and would be completely sleepless working on the faction server. If I could, I would deliver this as quickly as possible, as I have massive incentives to do so. However, I care more about my life; this is an issue independent of the amount of resources I have or how "inspired" I feel to work at a given time.

5. aaronvegatarian

aaronvegatarian New Member

I feel. The hype is still real though and I think a lot of people are still looking forward to it

• Like Like x 1
  6. ShadedMC

ShadedMC Active Member

i wasn't going to play anyways but the way I see it is I wouldn't play a factions server if the owner admitted he didn't have time to work on it and stuff, updates, banning people, server moderation in general, keeping it from lagging ect

7. Emerald_Explorer

Staff Member

Thus, this is the purpose I am waiting. I want to have more time so I can make sure it is flawless, and lagless.

• Like Like x 2
  8. ShadedMC

ShadedMC Active Member

and that's why i posted it to let him know

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Jie

Jie New Member

Heres an idea open the server anyway. call it a fkin bug testing open beta or w,e how ever you wana dress it up let us go ham on it untill the summer or whatever then when the server is fully done reset it and start season one. Either that or stop talking about factions all togeather. I personally quit other fac servers to wait for oneshot facs and i get slightly more salty every time i even see a post about factions because all you did was hype it and drag it out so hard that now your just beating a horse with a stick. Its going to get to a point where if you dont give us something, anything soon by the time it opens no one will give a shit about it anymore.

• Like Like x 1
  10. FloatingWilly

FloatingWilly Moderator
    Staff Member

I agree with Jie in some parts. in my opinion the longer its open more people will have an opportunity to try out the server and realize it won't be one of those servers that die in 2 weeks. Even if it is a little buggy, i'd rather be playing buggy factions than no factions.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. TubaScrub

TubaScrub Active Member

Especially with the hype that built up at the end of January and slowly faded into mere rage for most of us...

12. Felix Lundgren

Felix Lundgren New Member

Searching for a main cannoner. My last one quit.
    We are a active faction who searches for a awesome cannoner.
    Regens is allowed on the server so i'd recommend to come trough atleast 3 of them.
    For more info add me on Skype : Felix.privat3
    Message me if you are intressed.

Ip : Mc.mineagepvp.com

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. JavaMC

JavaMC Member

OMFG FloatingWilly returned from the dead, yay! :p