Join play.oneshotmc.com with ? Players Online

Click to Copy

2017/01/28 - Faction & Cannon Updates

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Emerald_Explorer, Jan 29, 2017.

1. Emerald_Explorer

Emerald_Explorer Administrator
    Staff Member

The last couple of weeks I have been very busy with real-life activities and have not been able to develop just as much as I would like to. However, I have still managed to allocate a significant amount of hours to work on the Factions and Cannon server.

First, my apologies: I am deeply sorry I was not able to release factions server in mid-January. I was planning to do almost all of my work during Winter break, but alas, I ran out of time and then was shot back into the regular schedule of my hard classes. On the bright side, I just finished semester finals, so I should be able to work a bit more now (but also hardest classes this quarter so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯) . I think you deserve some more sneak peaks (you've still seen a very small % of what we have) and some answers to your questions, so I will do that now.

Sneak Peak Pictures (a lot of info in these... look carefully ;) )

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    upload_2017-1-28_23-9-50.png

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Factions FAQ:

Q:
    Will ranks transfer?
    A: There is a completely different price structure, but if you are a loyal OneShotMC player who already has a rank, you will get a corresponding rank on the faction server as well. Thanks for supporting us, for without you, this faction server wouldn't be possible! <3

Q: When will factions be finished?
    A: As soon as possible. I am not giving a specific date, but I am working in all my spare time (whether that means losing a little sleep) to get this out. I'm not going to slack, and I am working to get the best product out as soon possible.

Q: Can you hire a developer to speed up the development process?
    A: Unlike many failed faction servers, I operate as the developer and owner so I can make sure the server does not lack in quality in the slightest bit. This also allows me to make sure there will be no plethora of unfixed bugs. If there is a bug, I can immediately fix it within a moment's notice.

Q: When is a trailer coming out?
    A: Hopefully within or a week or a week-and-a-half latest. Unfortunately, the trailer producer is having some issues with his computer at the moment, so hopefully there will not be any delays. However, if anything does go terribly wrong, I can always hire someone else. Either way, I'm pumped to show you all the features which I have spent so long hiding!

Q: Will you pay for our walls?
    A: Hold up...

Cannon Updates:

Along with doing work on the factions server, I have also had a small amount of time to work on the cannon server. Fortunately, some of the things I have done here will also help the faction server.

• New anti-lag machine detection. This now looks for a lot more things and pauses your plot activity for a much longer time. If you don't think this should happen, just make a report in the Bugs section, and I will (probably) be glad to change how it works slightly. :)
    • Your cannons now work wherever you fire them! Now, cannons should work even if you fire them from long distances away. You should now never need an alt to load your cannon. As this is a new feature, if you experience problems, make sure to report them in the bugs section.
    • FastAsyncWorldEdit is back... and unfortunately a couple of bugs (mainly with //move). However, WorldEdit is now much faster, so I hope you enjoy it ;) .

(wrote this up really quickly and wanted to go to sleep so if you have no idea what I am saying there is probably a reason :p )

• Like Like x 2
  2. Leaders

Leaders Moderator
    Staff Member

First ;')

3. MystifiedMustard

MystifiedMustard Moderator
    Staff Member

frist!!!!

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Mountgrant_

Mountgrant_ Moderator
    Staff Member

For all those reading this, please give your utmost support and gratitude towards Emerald_Explorer. Not only has and is he working extremely hard to create the best product, but it is affecting him in real life drastically. Remember, sleep may sound like a small thing, but we all need it, and it really is a hard thing to sacrifice. Thanks for everything you've done @Emerald_Explorer keep it up. We're all rooting you on!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Danelegend

Danelegend New Member

Nice. I'm guessing by the look of the 6th picture that there will be a koth?

6. Sosa

Sosa New Member

Litty, thanks for the update

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Hims

Hims Administrator
    Staff Member

Looking good!

8. Skq

Skq New Member

This post is hot

9. oHymnaios

oHymnaios New Member

Lit! Will there be void chests or stuff like that?

10. Emerald_Explorer

Emerald_Explorer Administrator
    Staff Member

Yes

• Like Like x 1
  11. Thumper_Z

Thumper_Z New Member

Thanks for the update Emerald. Looks good. :)

12. aaronvegatarian

aaronvegatarian New Member

Looks good. I'm assuming that the last image is saying that normal cobble genning will not work?

13. Mountgrant_

Mountgrant_ Moderator
    Staff Member

Correct. This is to prevent cobble monstering which not only is extremely annoying and time consuming, but laggy for the server as well. There is a recipe to making walls as water and lava no longer generate cobblestone when touching, shown in the picture above.

14. eafafa

eafafa New Member

Hype!

15. Mr_DagALkeef_B7

Mr_DagALkeef_B7 New Member

Nice updates and hard work tbh. <3 :$

• Agree Agree x 2